Where do I start with bacon… waking up to that wonderful smell working its way through the cottage on a lazy weekend morning makes you want to jump out of bed.
Obviously bacon is great for breakfast, served alongside freshly cooked eggs, buttery toast, home fries… maybe a little French toast and syrup. But in my opinion, bacon is the universal meal-maker – you can add it to anything and make it instantly more amazing.
Here are some of my favourite bacon add-on ideas:
- Add chopped bacon to veggies like green beans, salads and more
- Use bacon to top burgers and hotdogs
- Crumbled it into pasta salad, perogies, quiche and soups. Try it in chili.
- Sneak a couple of slices into a grilled cheese for an out-of-this-world sandwich
- Wrap bacon around just about anything before cooking and have that great smell and flavour infuse your food
- Bacon for dessert? Why not? There’s a reason bakers are putting bacon on everything from donuts to chocolate dipped
So next time you bring out the bacon, make sure you cook extra – then put it to good use.