- 1 (12 inch) untreated cedar plank
- 1/3 cup olive oil or Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (2 pound) salmon fillets, skin on or remove
- Soak the cedar plank for at least 1 hour in water. Soak longer if you have time.
- In a bowl, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Pour the mixed ingredients over the salmon fillet and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillet onto the plank and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.